Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bed Time


Bed time around here as gotten pretty lax since Phil has been home at night. The girls get either Phil or my undivided attention. They get books, stories, scratched backs- pretty much whatever they want if they will just go to bed. The girls are realizing this and we usually have them getting out of bed and either going into our room or now Alyssa comes down stairs. Last night they decided they wanted to have a little tea party while they were getting their books. They got in the bath a little early and I said they could have a cookie after. McKell set up this wonderful little scene for them to have cookies, drink tea (water) and get books read. Times are going to be changing when Phil starts his overnights in the ICU in October. They might as well live it up while they can.
McKell and Alyssa are loving stories from when we were little. They have heard all the stories I can think of- which weren't that many for some reason. Phil has tons of stories. The girls love them and I have overheard them telling their friends about when their dad was a little boy. So Alyssa, quite the little copier, tells us stories about when she was a little girl. It is hilarious!

9 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

Oh I feel right at home!!
LOL

Robs said...

That is so cute! McKell is always telling us stories of Phil when he was younger! So cute!

Jessie Riley said...

Phil is a GOOD DAD!
by bedtime both Jaren and I are so tired... a teaparty would be so out of the question... we would tell her that we would do it tomorrow! Jaren would fall asleep in the middle of the teaparty! You guys are sweet!

Nancy K said...

Loving the family bonding time. Hold on to these moments!!!!

Kasey said...

That is seriously so cute! I bet the girls love it. I'm with Jessie though, I don't know where you guys find the energy!

[S Rizzle] said...

I am dying. You give water before bed? Are you brave or what girlfriend!!

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

That reminds me of the stories they told us in July, and of course our favorite, "nice boobies" story! We love your family.

AJ Stevens said...

I showed Abs this picture, now she wants Phil to put her to bed too. James just doesn't do tea parties.