Monday, August 27, 2007

I want to suck your blood

Ok- so I think everyone in the nation is on the Twilight bandwagon. If your aren't on it then hurry and jump on. Everyone has been giving me a hard time because I haven't read the book Twilight so I finally started it Sunday after church and I couldn't put it down! It is the first book in a series of three- the third book just came out last month. It is about vampires- not my subject of choice but it turned out to be good. I was up until 3 o'clock in the morning last night reading and then Nate woke up and saved me so I fed him and went to sleep and finished the last 2 chapters today.
I realized that I would like to become a vampire, they don't sleep at all. I was thinking of all the things I could get done at night while my family slept. I know sleeping is one of my favorite things but think of all the books I could read, scrapbook pages I could do, and projects I could finish. That's not even talking about cleaning, laundry and everything else. Then during the day I could just hang with my kids and shop (all of the vampires had a lot of money). I know there would be drawbacks- I would probably suck my kiddies blood and couldn't go in the sun (which would be a hard one). I guess maybe it wouldn't be worth it, so let me rephrase- If I could have a quality from the vampires I think the no sleep thing would be nice.
If you haven't read the book Twilight, head for the library or book store NOW! I guess now I will need to read the next two even though I have heard they aren't as good. I've got to see what happens to Edward and Bella!!

5 comments:

Robs said...

I told you that you'd love it! I'm glad you got sucked in! Now we can talk about Edward and Bella ALL the time! Get reading New Moon STAT!

LCFrohm said...

I almost don't want to read this book because EVERYONE is reading it.
It's the only thing EVERYONE is talkinging about.
I mean you can get the book at Walmart.
Not that I don't love Walmart....but it's crazy.
I'll let you know when I do read it.
Lins

Cheryl said...

I read it too just a few weeks ago, but didn't know there were two sequels! Cool. In regards to cool vampire powers - besides not sleeping, as much as I love food, I think it would be so convenient to just eat once a week or something.

Gretch said...

The book was great! I loved it and also could not put it down. I started on the way to Boise on Friday and by Monday I made Jas go to the book store so I could buy New Moon. I have 50 pages left until I'm done with that one (it is a lot harder to read now that I'm home). So far I think is just as good as the first one! I can't wait to read the next one.

If you go to stepheniemeyer.com you can learn a lot more. Like did you know there is a movie in the works? Pretty cool.

How did the Big Birthday bash go? Post pictures!

Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

YEA!! I finished all three in under 5 days... they are a curse! I am so glad you have joined the Edwad Cullen fan club :)!! Keep reading, trust me they are good!