Sunday, March 2, 2008

Primary Theme





Alyssa turned 3 in November so is now in Sunbeams at church. She loves going because she gets to be in the 'big' class with McKell. Last week she was given a paper that asked her to give the theme today. The theme for the month is 'Jesus Christ is my Savior'. So on Sunday, last week, we talked about it and had her say it a few times, yesterday we talked about it again and she remembered it. While getting ready for bed last night she was jumping on her bed naked (she had just gone potty) yelling 'Jesus Christ is MY Savior' over and over again. While trying not to laugh we were telling her not to be so loud. She started telling Phil that Jesus was her Savior not his Savior, he tried to explain to her that Jesus died for everyone and she was like 'no, the theme says he is MY Savior so he isn't yours.'
Later last night when Phil and I were going to bed Alyssa woke up and came into our room. I had her lay down by me and she went right back to sleep. Phil carried her into her bed and she said in her sleep 'Jesus Christ is my Savior'. We were laughing thinking that she would not need any help at church today. During primary she went up to the microphone to say it and we didn't go up to help her. One of the ladies in the primary presidency quickly came up to help her. She started to whisper it to Alyssa and Alyssa said with a dirty look 'I know' and then looked out to the kids and said in a loud voice 'Jesus Christ is my Savior'. She was very pleased with herself and we were glad that she wasn't shy about it.
Alyssa sure does keep the laughs going around here. She is always coming up with something clever to say or a new funny look that she keeps doing. We love her and are so happy to have her in our family.

11 comments:

momandpop said...

Thanks for the story about Alyssa. It started our day with a laugh and a smile. She is a character! And we love her, too.

todd & nicole said...

So cute, I think little sunbeams are adorable. Hailee hasn't gotten a part in Sharing time, but she likes to comment about everything that is going on. Yesterday the first counselor told me that Hailee likes to be involved in everything. I hope it's not to annoying for everyone in there.

Cheryl said...

We're dying, she's the best! Thanks for posting this!

The Ross Family said...

Those are priceless moments. She is big, that happens when you go to primary, or so Ava tells me.

Gretch said...

Ha! That is too cute! I can just picture her being all confident and saying it with such energy. I'm glad she is your little joker. Never a dull moment with cute Alyssa.

510Jen said...

Oh I am laughing. She is a crack up.

Jenn S said...

Cute little kiddo! Love, love, love these memories! So glad you shared that! She is a hoot!

Michelle said...

Gosh I miss that little stinker. She is so funny! She cracks me up. Hopefully we'll be seeing you guys soon!!!

AJ Stevens said...

That is SO cute. How silly of that lady to think Alyssa might need help. She so cute and confident, we miss her.

Robs said...

I am laughing. I can totally see her looking at the girl trying to help her! Too funny!

Kasey said...

How cute!